Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Wolf Point

I know I haven't updated this blog in quite some time but hey, I've been busy climbing.  So Lindsay and I are settled in here back in Lander Wyoming for our fall vacation and concentrating our climbing efforts at the mega crag known as Wolf Point.  Today is our first proper rest day in our week+ trip and it's much needed/deserved. We hauled Gwendolyn the Ivory Palace up to Amy Skinner's cabin situated on the approach to WP and have set up our base camp in one of the most gorgeous camping venues the continental US has to offer.  We've had three days of climbing thus far and we're feeling the effects of the 100+ ft pitches, not having climbed much the last month isn't helping but the little "energy bar" on our internal HUD's is slowly growing in size.  We're headed back up the mountain tomorrow for five days of climbing, camping, and general fraternizing with our Lander friends.  I'll do an update post when we arrive back into the world of wifi complete with photos and detailed stories of glory, failure, embarrassment and probably some frivolous levity.  In the meantime, I'm finishing up Mike and Mark Anderson's training manual The Rock Climber's Training Manual.  I cannot recommend this book enough to every climber seeking to improve his or her ability on the rock.  These boys have done their research and not only am I incredibly excited to start my fall training program, I'm already looking forward to regular seasons of training using the methods they've developed. Take the time to check out what they have to say, it's worth it.

No comments: